Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Puerto Colombia, Choroní

Hey, I am already out of Venezuela in order to enjoy cool breezes on nice Colombian beaches. But first things first.

I took a bus and a "buseta" to Puerto Colombia, a really nice beach. But I was running out of money. The ATM was not an option, since Hugo Chavez set the exchange rate to a ridiculous low rate. And I hadn´t brought to much cash. So I went with my last 60 Dollars US to the black market und changed it for like 2.5 times the official rate. In a fish shop :) So dont expect the black market to be at a certain place. It´s everywhere.




So, I had money, but still not to much. But I got lucky and found a cheap place to stay at a Venezuelanian family. That was kinda new experience, since I was sleeping on their terrace, in a tent. The dschungel was just 3 meters away :) Next morning, beach time. BEAutiful.













No comments:

Post a Comment